Tuesday 11 May 2010

Paul's Cencherry (March 27th)

Paul, a bit put out by our previous week's century ride planned to pop his century cherry a week after.

He'd planned a lovely route from Wootton Bassett to Purton/ Blunsdon/Hannington/ Kempsford/ Fairford/ Cirencester/ Malmesbury... "and more"

Thankfully I was away taking part in the "Cheshire Twat Sportive" but Paul, Gareth and Nathan set about on their epic journey around Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and beyond. They got as far as 25 miles before disaster struck... in the form of a 3 Man pile up.

Here's Pauls account of the ordeal....

"So....25 miles in and my first proper crash. We nearly missed missed a left turn whilst riding very close and Nathan slammed on the anchors. I (just) managed to stop but Gareth didn't and went into the back of me. He's at A&E getting his wrist checked out (and he really, really, smacked his head too). I pushed on for 3...0 miles but now my back is siezing up so have sacked if off and will not be back on the road for a few days. Nathan is still out there somewhere.........!

BIG thanks to Lucy for being our rescue driver.

Hope Gareth is OK.

I need a cuppa t."

No comments:

Post a Comment