Tuesday 29 June 2010

Comments & Best Bits from the Crew

Anon:
"It was Great, both in organisation and value for money :) whoever co-ordinated this is a genius!"

Dean Fouracre

Dean encouraging Kee's up the steep hill out of les Andelys "Don't look ahead..you'll only get depressed !"...approaching the first bend "I think I can see the top"....coming out of the first bend "ummm...maybe just round the next bend then"....5th bend "ok, I lied...but we're almost there"


Kees to Dean up the steep hill out of les Andelys ...1st bend "not sure I can make it..my legs are seizing up"...2nd & 3rd bend "my legs are seizing up"...4th..."legs...seiz...ing......u....p"....5th bend - gasping for air like a fish out of water..unable to speak...


Fortunately Kee's legs didn't sieze up and he conquered all the hills on the last two days...quite an accomplishment compared to the flat lands of his native Norfolk."


Gareth Preece:
"Best thing for me was having a couple of spare gears when going up the second climb on day 4 and offering them to Nathan as he was out of gears and blowing out of his arse. Oh and day 3 spent with "Team C*ck" was the best of the 4

the one on the Sunday morning when a Frenchy pulled up on his little put put motor bike outside the hotel and said “you come, you come” and Tim just looked him in the eye and said “in your mouth”. What he mean’t was in the bar that he worked at the night before. Jees I laughed."


Anna Buckingham:
"I had a terrific time, and have made some great friends, and laughed (particularly hard on Day 3)and ridden til my muscles hurt. I wouldn't change a thing about it. Thanks to everyone who made the trip what it was"

Paul Gregory:
"Day 3 in "Team C*ck" was my favourite too... especially Nathan puncturing his puncture proof tyres :-) Oh and me leading the 20mph train too...!

This was linked to my "I'm not drinkig tonight, just a couple of beers with dinner" and then proceding to blow my wheels off, get super drunk, miss breakfast and need TWO lunches to re-fuel"

Paul Mason
"Memorable moments for me:
- Gareth eating his ham and eggs at the port in Caen wearing his helmet - I don't think he took it off when he ate!
- Gareth smoking out side the pub in Caen and him and Nathan looking like shit the next morning with huge hangovers
- Shaun putting an ice cube up his bum *
- Paul G trying to order a bottle of Vin Rouge in the Chinese restaurant, slurring to the woman who couldnt speak English (even I couldn't understand Paul!)
- Kees falling off about 15 miles into the 2nd day, forgetting his feet were clipped into the pedals,causing much hilarity amongst us all and with the car full of French locals who were pissing themselves.
- Me and Wingman riding for our lives on Thursday afternoon, not letting the elite group escape us! Although it was raining, we were going to quick to get wet!
- Captain cadence impressions by Mark Q, Mark N and Tim - very funny!
- Michael falling off along the Champs-Élysées into me. He unclipped from his pedal and then put his foot back on the pedal which clipped back in and then fell off into me. Nathan tried to pull him off (oo-er!) and Michael ended up on the floor on his back with the bike on top of him!
-  4 days of constant farting by all riders (women included) - keep away from the energy bars and drinks!

Cycling into Paris tested a number of riders skills, none more so than Michael who indicated a parked car on his right by putting his right arm behind his back. Unfortunately, all this did was to make him wobble and he very nearly fell off. I told Michael it was better for him to keep two hands on his handle bars at all times and worry about not hitting the car rather than letting the rest of us know about it."



Tim Hallett
"Captain Cadence and his dancing on those pedals on the flats and pushing a big gear on the hills

Ian and Nathan catching us lot on the way back to Caen, Paul M & Anna catching up as well – great work, although we did stop for a piss..


Kees and the comment “His foot is stuck – its meant to be its fucking a clipless pedal....” and falling over every day to include the run in to Paris"

Gary Major
"Its got to be quizzy’s exploding tyres as I remember The first after the big decent on day three after getting to about 43 mph and the second when the bike was leaning on the fence at the hotel after doing further decent’s and loads more miles "

No comments:

Post a Comment